5 Ingredient Vegan Tacos
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 6 tacos
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon dried minced onions or 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup TVP (textured vegetable protein)
- 1 can black beans drained
- salt to taste
- 6 corn tortillas
- Toppings: avocado, cilantro, salsa, limes, red onion, etc., all optional
Bring the water, taco seasoning, and onion to a boil. Add the TVP and reduce heat to low. Allow the TVP to absorb the liquid, and then add the drained black beans. Cover and cook on low heat, stirring often, until the tortillas are ready – be mindful to not let the filling scorch on the bottom of the pot. Check for seasoning – add salt if needed (taco seasonings all have different salt contents so use your judgement on how much to add).
Heat up the tortillas either in a pan with some oil, or on a grill if you have one available.
Remove the filling from the heat and build your tacos using whichever toppings you have on hand.