Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Sautéed ground chicken thighs, shiitake mushrooms and water chestnuts seasoned with Asian spices are served in a crispy cold lettuce leaf with a spicy hoisin dipping sauce. I can’t think of a more playful appetizer to celebrate the Year of The Dragon!
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
- Cuisine: Asian
- 8 oz skinless, boneless chicken thighs, ground
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (I used reduced sodium)
- 1/4 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine or dry sherry
- 1⁄2 tsp sugar
- freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 iceberg lettuce leaves, rinsed (careful not to break)
- 2 tbsp diced scallions
For the Spicy Hoisin Dipping Sauces:
- 4 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili sauce, I used Sriracha
- 1 tbsp warm water
Place mushrooms in hot water to soften a few minutes. Remove stems and chop fine.
Combine soy sauces, oyster sauce, 1/2 tsp sesame oil, rice wine, sugar, and pepper in a bowl.
Combine ground chicken (I put the chicken in the food processor), softened mushrooms and water chestnuts into a bowl. Pour over chicken; toss. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
Mix Spicy Hoisin Dipping Sauce ingredients in another bowl. Set aside.
Heat remaining sesame oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Add garlic; cook until golden, about 10 seconds. Add chicken mixture; stir fry until browned, breaking the chicken up as it cooks, about 4-5 minutes.
To serve, spoon 1/4 cup of the chicken into each lettuce leaf. Garnish with scallions and a spoon a little Spicy Hoisin Dipping Sauce onto each one.