Great recipe for Burong Isda (Fermented rice with fish). This is a traditional dish of kapampangan locals. usually served with boiled eggplant or mustard leaves.
* ? kilo milkffreshwaterh water carp (well cleaned and scaled)
* 2 cups cold rice, not burnt
* 100 grams garlic (crushed)
* 100 grams ginger (minced)
* 100 grams red onion (chopped)
* 6 lime wedges
* Pinch of salt and pepper
? cup patis (fish sauce)
* ? cup white vinegar
* ? cup water
1. In a bowl, mix all ingredients by hand, mashing everything well.
2. Pour into a big mouthed bottle.
3. Stick fishes into the bottle.
4. Seal the bottle well and keep for 1-2 weeks
5. After 2 weeks the fish should be ready.
Keywords: Burong Isda