Coconut Vegetable Curry
Add the onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, broccoli and a pinch each salt and pepper and stir. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened – about 5 minutes. Add curry powder, cayenne (or chili pepper), veggie stock, coconut milk, another healthy pinch of salt and stir.
1 large eggplant cut into 1 inch cubes
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 fresh green chili
1 teaspoon grated root ginger
1 onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons garam masala
1 teaspoon ground tumeric
1 tbsp tomato paste
3 cups vegetable broth
1 tablespoon lemon juice
8 oz potatos, diced
1 cup cauliflower florets
8 ounces pumpkin, chopped
8 ounces frozen green beans
2/3 cup coconut milk
salt and pepper
2 tbsp shredded coconut to serve
Procedures : 1. Layer the eggplant in a bowel, sprinkling with salt as you go. Set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Rinse well under cold running water to remove all the salt. Drain and pat dry with kitchen paper. Set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the garlic, chili, ginger, onion and spices and fry over a medium heat, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes, until lightly browned.
4. Stir in the tomato paste, broth, lemon juice, potatoes and cauliflower and mix well. Bring to the boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Stir in the eggplant, pumpkin, green beans and coconut milk and season to taste with salt and pepper. Return to the boil and continue to simmer, uncovered, for a further 15 minutes, or until tender.
6. Serve immediately garnished with coconut and thick slices of rye bread.
Keywords: Coconut Vegetable Curry