Aromatics are important when cooking ginataang tilapia. These ingredients brings-in flavor and aroma to the dish. It also helps reduce the fishy taste and aroma. Onion, garlic, and ginger are first sauted until fragrant.
* 6 pieces Tilapia fish (cleaned and scaled)
* 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
* 1 medium red onion (cut into eight)
* 1 red bell pepper (sliced)
* 1 green bell pepper (sliced)
* 1 small ginger (sliced)
* 1 big eggplant (cut into eight)
* 1/2 cup squash (sliced)
* 1 medium ampalaya – bitter gourd – (cut into eight)
* Salt to taste
* 2 cups coconut milk
* 1 cup vinegar
Procedures : 1. In a casserole, arrange fish and spices.
2. Pour in vinegar and coconut milk.
3. Boil for five minutes.
4. Add squash and eggplant and cook until almost done.
5. Add onions, red and green peppers and ampalaya (bitter gourd).
6. Season with salt.
7. Cook until vegetables are done.
8. Serve hot with steamed rice.
Keywords: Ginataang Tilapia