Meatless Taco Salad Recipe
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Cuisine: Mexican
- * 1 pound meatless ground beef crumbles
- 1 large red onion (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (diced)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 3 tablespoons taco season mix
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 large ride tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup fresh guacamole (optional)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups tortilla shells (crumbled)
- 1 cup black olives (well drained)
Step 1: In a large frying pan, add the meat-free beef crumbles with garlic, jalapeno, and onions; mix it occasionally until beef is browned.
Step 2: Add taco season, and fresh salsa, bring contents to a slow simmer, stirring often until mixture thickens.
Step 3: Remove from stove and place to the side.
Step 4: Start preparing your salad, combining romaine lettuce and tomatoes in a large size bowl. Adding the meatless ground beef crumbles to the mixture.
Step 5: Top with guacamole, sour cream, black olives, cheddar cheese, dish out and enjoy.