Mixed Berry Whole Wheat Muffins Recipe
These healthy, EASY Mixed Berry Whole Wheat Muffins are the perfect breakfast recipe! Soft, fluffy muffins made with whole wheat flour, no refined sugars and loaded with fresh berries!
1 and ¼ cup white whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
½ cup agave or maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¾ cup plain greek yogurt
¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup fresh mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, and sliced strawberries)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a muffin tin and set aside.
- Add the white wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to a small mixing bowl. Stir with a fork to combine.
- To a medium sized mixing bowl add the egg, agave or maple syrup, vanilla extract, greek yogurt, and applesauce. Stir until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the berries.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin, fill to about three-fourths full.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes prior to removing. Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: Mixed Berry Whole Wheat Muffins