4 (6 ounce) fillets catfish
1/4 cup lime juice
1/2 cup cheap beer
1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons canola oil
4 ounces processed cheese, cubed
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 chipotle pepper, minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1. In a shallow dish, stir together 1/4 cup of lime juice and beer. Place fish in the dish, and turn to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Coat a roasting rack with cooking spray, and place over a baking sheet.
3. Rinse fish with cold water, and pat dry. Discard the marinade. In one dish, stir together the cornmeal, tortilla chip crumbs, salt and pepper. In another dish, stir together 2 tablespoons of lime juice and canola oil. Dip fillets into the lime and oil, then into the cornmeal mixture to coat. Place the fish onto the roasting rack.
4. Bake fish for 8 to 10 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork. While the fish is baking, combine the processed cheese, chili powder, cumin, and chipotle pepper in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook and stir until melted and smooth.
5. Place fish onto serving plates, and spoon the cheese sauce over them. Top with a sprinkling of cilantro leaves, if desired.