4 (4 ounce) albacore tuna steaks
6 tablespoons sugar, divided
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 green onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger root
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Rub the albacore steaks with 4 tablespoons sugar. Allow to sit 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, toast the sesame seeds 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
3. In a shallow bowl, mix the remaining sugar, toasted sesame seeds, green onion, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Place the albacore steaks in the mixture, and marinate 2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Preheat the oven broiler.
5. Discard marinade, and place the albacore steaks on a baking sheet. Broil to desired doneness in the preheated oven.