3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
2 tablespoons SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
2 1/2 cups reduced-fat biscuit mix
1/3 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
mint sprigs (optional)
1. Strawberry Filling Directions: Stir together strawberries, 2 tablespoons SPLENDA(R) Granulated Sweetener and balsamic vinegar; let stand 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
2. Shortcake Directions: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
3. Combine biscuit mix and 1/3 cup SPLENDA(R) Granulated Sweetener in a large bowl.
4. Stir together yogurt and vanilla; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
5. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 3 or 4 times. Pat dough to a 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with a 2 1/4-inch round cutter, reusing dough scraps, if necessary. Place shortcakes on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Serve warm with sliced strawberries. Garnish, if desired.